Architectural Designer creates plans, drawings, and layouts for complex projects large and small, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions based on client’s requirements and budget for project. The Architectural Designer also coordinates projects from an architectural standpoint and will assist in all phases of the project. This includes communication with all members of the project team internally and the client and engineers.
- ather and collect design requirements for new construction, alterations, or repairs
- Determines clients’ preferences regarding materials, styles, colors, and other variables
- Attempts to identify through collaboration clients’ priorities in terms of needs vs. desires
- Prepares project meeting minutes in absence of Project Architect
- Produces Revit drawings and renderings to develop specific and precise design for project that can be discussed with clients
- Submit architectural designs to management and clients for review and approval
- Provide specifications to management and clients for review and approval
- Gathers necessary information to perform dimensional and routine calculations for drawings and design layouts
- Evaluates site conditions and constraints for construction projects
- Maintains all documentations related to architectural designs and construction conditions
- Compliance with safety standards and building regulations
- Works with Project Architect to help generate cost estimates and other documents required for individual projects
- Adheres to budgets and timelines
- Manage and support team members involved in preparing drawings
- Prepares coordination packages
- Creates detailed plans integrating engineering, electrical, and HVAC considerations; presents plans to clients for review and approval
- Collaborates with project team to solve problems and any clash detection
- Modifies new or existing plans as required to meet the clients’ needs
- Sends all schedule updates to project team to ensure project will meet all deadlines
- Collaborates with engineers to ensure project is moving forward and ensuring there is sufficient time for project reviews
- Prepares scale drawings and contract requirements
- Model Reviews – ensures efficient design strategies are being used as well as whether the details are outdated and determine any new details
- Organizes structural, mechanical, and electrical designs
- Performs quality check for completeness (format, detailing, content and coordination), accuracy, meeting standards, specifications, and safety/code requirements
- Must meet required deadlines which could require long hours
- Able to use and develop BIM models
- Compliance with all safety standards and building regulations
- May have to work closely with building regulations and contractors
- Project document tracking – files all incoming files in appropriate location. Keep inhouse set of drawings up to date and accessible at all times. Coordinates logs and documents
- Updates existing design techniques with respect to latest design trends
- Delegate and follow up on tasks assigned to junior staff
- Provide technical guidance to less experience architectural staff
- Greets customers and the general public in person and on telephone, answers questions, and directs to appropriate individual when necessary
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of design principles.
- Extremely proficient with Revit and AutoCAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient in Adobe
- Knowledge of Adobe C/S – Photoshop
- Proficient in 3-D Modeling software such as Lumion, 3DS Max, Rhino
- Ability to work individually and within various project teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate client ideas into visual and/or tangible references such as drawings or models
- High understanding of building design and mechanical processes
- Willingness to learn project management software preferred by client or contractor
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate/follow up on them when appropriate
- Knowledge of building codes and regulatory standards
- Willingness to travel if needed
Education and Experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Drafting, Construction, or Architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture preferred
- Ten or more years of relevant experience preferred
- Excellent technical drawing skills using Revit
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel and visit job sites as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PMBA Architects provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related conditions, lactation status, creed, religion, age, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability or veteran status, military status or other protected class or characteristic established under applicable federal, state, or local statue or ordinance.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Individuals are hired solely upon the basis of their qualifications and ability to fulfill the requirements of the job.