Student Co-Op is a temporary part-time or full-time position that assists in providing space planning, interior design, conceptual 3-D drawings, and production drawings as well as support to other designers under direct supervision of a Project Manager for use in house and by clients and other consultants.
- Interacts with project teams and collaborates with architects, engineers, and other industry professionals
- Assists Project Manager with selection and specification of finishes appropriate for commercial work and according to the needs of the client
- Prepares and presents designs and finishes
- Self-check own work for completeness, accuracy, meeting standards, specifications.
- Use the accepted office drawing standards as guidelines
- Must meet required deadlines for completing drawings
- Able to complete projects on time and with a standard degree of accuracy and accountability
- Able to use or develop BIM models
- Conducts research when required or assigned
- Works closely with Project Architect and in house staff to implement feedback to ensure drawings convey the correct information
- Implements any changes to drafts as soon as possible
- Create progress drawing sets for review for project deadlines including drawing sets issued by team for internal reviews
- Assists Project Manager with adhering to budgets and timelines
- Project Document Tracking – files all incoming files in appropriate location. Keep inhouse set updated and accessible at all times. Coordinates logs and documents.
- Assists with field work including site visits to gather data as needed to complete drawings
- Greets customers and the general public in person and on telephone and directs to appropriate individual when necessary
- Assists with project administration duties such as assembling bid packages, printing, archiving, filing, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Proficient with Revit and AutoCAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient in 3-D Modeling software such as 3DS Max, Rhino, Lumion
- Proficient in Adobe and Adobe C/S – Photoshop, InDesign
- Team oriented & works well with others
- In depth knowledge of design principles
- Ability to follow direction for project assignments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A “get it done” approach
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Creative and visualization skills
- Willingness to travel if needed
Education and Experience
- Current enrollment at a college or university with at least Junior Level
- Must be studying towards Degree in Interior Design
- Prior Co-Op experience in Architectural and/or Interior Design Firm a plus
- Experience and understanding of Revit and/or AutoCad
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Equal Employment Opportunity
PMBA Architects provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related conditions, lactation status, creed, religion, age, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability or veteran status, military status or other protected class or characteristic established under applicable federal, state, or local statue or ordinance.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Individuals are hired solely upon the basis of their qualifications and ability to fulfill the requirements of the job.